Thursday, August 14, 2014

A letter to my friends

Greetings!

You are reading this because you are among the beautiful people that became a part of a very important phase of my life. First, and foremost, I would like to apologize if this is giving you weird feelings -- this feels surreal for me, a guys who considers himself very open to his peers. I am writing this because I rarely do; I have very important things to say as well, and in the case that I couldn't express it in person (due to time constraints), I'm hoping that this would do, for now.

My days in school could be compared to a roller-coaster. Cliche, but I guess everyone could relate to that. I had my share of ups and downs, just like everybody else. My college days were the most profound among them all. It's when I basked in my greatest joys; it's when I dwell in my deepest of sorrows. I don't have to tell the whole story again because you guys were there - to make me better, and in some cases, to make it burn worse (haha). Nevertheless, I'm grateful that you were there for me, in some capacity or another, and I apologize for whatever discomfort that I (or the circumstances surrounding myself) had caused.

You could say that I consider myself blessed regarding how my last days of school turned out to be, and for various reasons: first, not being aable to graduate on time meant that I didn't have to rush myself into getting a job. This was important, because this allowed myself to distance myself from the toxicity of school. I needed that time to let the wounds heal, and to reinforce myself for the next step - the "real world", as they say. For the past three months, I just did what I wanted to do. I played games, made games, blend mango shakes, set up computers, and ate a hell of a lot of good food. I rested, hang out with friends, invited friends to come over. I surfed the net, and I studied (heh, ironic!) I did a lot of things, and I felt liberated. I guess you could say that I found my old self, the one I lost back in high school. I won't divulge anymore, but let's just say that I've been exposed into a lot of things, and it changed me, mostly for the worst. Cynicism had plagued me for the longest time, believe it or not, and now I feel like I've escaped from its grasp. Again, thank you.

I wish that I could get a chance to personally express my thoughts to each and every one of you, but I would like to dedicate this paragraph to someone who made a huge impact in my life these past few months. This will get cheesy so huhu sorry...pagbigyan nyo na ako. Thank you! I consider myself lucky to have met you once again, and with such great timing! I appreciate our conversations and our little dates (lalo na't busy ka sa work, minsan na lang kita makausap lately huhu T-T). Nonetheless, it's great to hear a fresh perspective on things, and I realized a lot of things about myself, and about how I see things. Thank you for being there, even if at times it's just to listen to my blabbering. And most importantly, thank you for all the care, love, and trust that you gave to me. You have been nothing but good to me, and I'm overwhelmed! So once again, thank you, and I love you. :)

I would like to end this essay by sharing some of the reflections that I had recently. I don't believe in destiny. The concept of a pre-determined path assigned to each of us does not sit well with me because it opens up the notion that some people are damned to become unhappy with their lives. But I guess circumstances may come so coincidentally that it's unbelievable! It can also come both ways, which is good, because for me, it means that even though certain circumstances in life had screwed me over, I'm reassured that there are also circumstances that would make me enjoy life. All I could say is that I'm happy that I got to experience the latter, and I'm grateful to you beautiful people, for playing a huge part of it.

That's all for now. See you around! I'll treat you guys to something soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment